Galleryblinds – Custom Made Blinds Terms & conditions
“Goods” means the image blinds, window furnishings or other products manufactured or supplied by Galleryblinds and the subject of the order made by You.
“You” and “Your” means the person ordering Goods from Galleryblinds.
“We” or “Us” or Our means Galleryblinds, a subsidiary of Bay Media Australia Pty Ltd located at 117/87 Gladstone Street, South Melbourne.
1. Our Contract
Our online store invites You to buy Goods from Us. A legally binding contract with You will only arise once Galleryblinds has received payment for the Goods in full from You. We shall notify you of acceptance of Your order by e-mail.
The Prices shown at Our online store includes the Goods and Services Tax (GST). All Prices shown at Our online store are shown in Australian Dollars (AUD).
3. Right to Cancel or Change Your Order
- 3.1 As our products are custom made and the manufacturing process will begin after a set period of 24 hours You are only able to cancel or change your order by contacting Us the next business day (Monday to Friday) from placing your order.
- 3.2 If a cancellation of the order is required within the 24 hour period of placing the order an administration fee of $50.00 will be retained to cover time taken for data entry of factory worksheets, tax invoicing, reversal of worksheets and invoices and refunding of monies. The remaining balance will be credited to your Bank Account or Credit Card within 7 days of notification. Refunded Monies may take a few days to show in your account after our electronic transfer, We cannot be held responsible for interbank transfer delays.
- 3.3 You cannot cancel or change Your order if the goods You have ordered are manufactured, measured or custom-made to Your requirements as these Goods will not be resalable by Us. We regret that once Your Order has been accepted by Us in relation to such Goods and entered on Our manufacturing process We are unable to accept changes to these Goods or cancellation of Your order. If prior to delivery You do wish to change Your order or cancel it after We have accepted it please contact Us as soon as possible by email or on Our telephone order helpline and We will try to assist You. Our acceptance of cancellation of Your Order will be subject to retention by Us of a handling charge equal to 40% off the invoice value. The balance of the price paid will be reimbursed to You within 30 days of notification of cancellation by re crediting Your Bank Account or Credit Card.
- 3.4 We reserve the right to cancel You Order if: We have insufficient stock to deliver the Goods You have Ordered. You require delivery outside of Australia. One or more of the Goods was listed at the incorrect price due to typographical error or and error in the pricing information made by Us and/or received by Us from Our suppliers. If We do cancel Your Order We will notify You by email and will credit Your account any sum deducted by received by Us from Your credit card or Direct Debit as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of Your Order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
4. Stock Shortages
If the Goods or the fabric You Order are unavailable We will notify You and suggest a suitable replacement as soon as possible. If Your order is made up of various products and other items from Your order have been manufactured, We will be happy to split the delivery and ship these to You. You cannot cancel the entire order, if other goods have been manufactured, prior to the delayed item notification. You can cancel the delayed portion only of Your order if the period of wait time is unreasonable, and We will organise the shipping of the completed items to You.
5. Copyright and reproduction
It is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate permission to use any images, text or artwork in the design of your blind.
It is assumed by Galleryblinds that you have copyright in or a licence to authorise Galleryblinds to reproduce all artistic and literary texts supplied by you for the purposes of the order and that you hereby expressly authorises Galleryblinds to reproduce all and any of such works for the completion of the order.
You hereby indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Galleryblinds against all liability, losses or expenses incurred by Galleryblinds in relation to or in any way directly or indirectly connected with any breach of copyright or of any rights in relation to copyright in such literary and artistic works supplied.
6. Product Descriptions and Measurements
The product information and photographs contain within Our online store are provided for illustrative purposes only and We cannot warrant that they are accurate. If You have any doubt as to the precise colour of the product or fabric You wish to Order, You are advised to order a sample of the product. Details of how to do this can be found within in our online store. As the Goods You Order is manufactured according to the measurements You provide in Your Order it is very important that Your measurements are accurate. We cannot accept the return of Goods due to Your measurements being incorrect. You are advised to read the Guide to Measuring pages within our online store or contact Us for guidance on how to measure correctly. Every attempt will be made by Galleryblinds to ensure that the Goods sold and delivered match in every respect any sample or description shown or given or sent to You, any minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle You to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change. If You have held a sample for a period of time longer than 12 weeks We recommend that You select new samples for colour matching as We cannot guarantee the batch will remain the same over this period of time. Roller blind bottom rail samples will only be posted to You upon request. Colour names for bottom rails, do not relate to exact matches to roller blind fabrics. We reserve the right to change the Goods, in the Endeavour to improve the manufacturing, parts or to alleviate stock delays on parts. At no time will the Goods be downgraded in quality from the description.
Please be aware that if You are ordering custom made Goods from measurements taken from a house plan, We cannot be held responsible if the measurements on the building plans vary, from the Actual completed window measurement.
7. Delivering Your Goods
Galleryblinds will deliver Your Goods to the address You have provided on the order form for delivery. As soon as Your order is completed we will contact you via phone to organise the delivery to You if You have not give Us permission to leave the delivery. If You have given us permision to leave the delivery, We will immediatley despatch the order on completion. We will follow this up with a Order Status update email for You to retrieve details on ETA’s. Deliveries are Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm. Galleryblinds use outside Freight companies to deliver Your orders and cannot be held responsible for any delays that may occur once the Goods have left Our premises.
Whilst we shall use our reasonable endeavours’ to meet the delivery date specified on Your Order confirmation We can only go by the date given to us by the Freight Company.
Galleryblinds recommend that You take out the optional Delivery Insurance offered at Our checkout. Galleryblinds will not be held responsible for Goods that You receive damaged in transport or lost if they have not been insured.
8. Defective Goods
Galleryblinds offer a 3 year warranty on custom made Blinds. Please read our full Warranty Policy located at our website for further details. All warranty claims will require the product to be returned to Our premises for inspection prior to repair or remake as per the Consumer Guarantee guidelines.
No statement, description, or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement, communication, and the pages of this online store or by any employee or agent of Galleryblinds shall be interpreted so as to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these terms and conditions.
10. Events Beyond our Control
We shall have no liability to You for any failure to deliver Goods You have ordered or for any delay in doing so or for any change of the specified delivery date or for any damage or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control including, without limitation, third party default, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which We exclude our liability to You) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. However, we do use other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as company and product research, delivering packages, sending mail and emails and processing payments. They will have access to your personal information needed to perform these services, but we will not authorise them to use your information for other purposes.